Thursday, October 25, 2012

Today, October 25, 2012

Today’s project:  Enjoy the results

In my last post, I talked about how I had altered a dress for a Halloween costume.  Yesterday was the party and I spent a good portion of the day preparing.  That may seem excessive, and frankly it does to me too, but it wasn’t as decadent as it sounds.  I have some hot rollers that I put all my hair in to get some tiny 20s curls and after that, while they were doing their hefty work, I was messing with other projects.  Those tasks weren’t particularly exciting, so I won’t go into them here. No sense in boring you, dear reader.

Anyway, I invited a friend to accompany me as my sweetie was busy working (hard working man!) and I really didn’t want to go to the party by myself.  What would Emily Post say to a married woman attending soirée unaccompanied?  Oh the scandal!

Fortunately, this friend is handy with a camera and I asked him to take a few shots of the completed look.

As a review:

Here’s what I started with:

Here’s what I ended up with:

Here's the look I was going for:

Here is me in full garb:


So today, I sit back (for a few minutes anyway) and enjoy the beautiful day, appreciate a talented friend and pat myself on the back for completing a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment