Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today, December 12, 2012

Today’s project: Get back into the swing of things…without swinging punches.

HI!  I bet you thought I had given up. Or died. Or been abducted by aliens and taken to the planet Frinch. (it could happen).

Well, I’m not saying any of those things actually happened…and I’m not saying they didn’t…

Anywhoo – I’m back and rearing to go for some more project fun!

I don’t want you to think that during my online hiatus I was lolling about on my laurels (try saying that five times fast), cuz I wasn’t.  In fact, my absence on the blog scene was due to the fact that I was firmly mired into several projects and didn’t have time to come up for air…or write a post about it.

Now that I had a minute (and found myself clicking around on Pinterest), I thought that I better send up a virtual flare to let you know that I was still around and project-ing like a one-legged man in a butt-kickin’ contest!

Update:

Steampunk convention was AWESOME!  My Steampunk friend and I had a blast at TeslaCon and really held our own at when faced with some of the super-fab costumes that other conventioneers presented.  We gadgeted and glued and took lots of fun pics. Ok, my friend took lots of fun pics, but I enjoyed helping…

Here we are in our glory from the ball:

As you may or may not have figured out from my posts, I’m a little ADD when it comes to my projects.  Sometimes I’m sewing, sometimes I’m knitting, sometimes I’m gluing crap together.  I enjoy lots of crafts and such, but one of my favorite things to do is to take some inspiration and twist it around into my own thing.

I have about a dozen different knitting books that I gather information from to use in a lot of ways – how to choose yarns, or a new stitch or pattern.

I’m kind of addicted to hats (best bad-hair-day fix ever!) and find that knitted berets are my current favorite (see previous comment regarding craft ADD). 

I found a pattern in one of my books – sorry I can’t remember which one – and made per specifications this one:


Well, Rora can’t stop there! 

What if instead of garter stitch, I used stockinette?  And I have a beret that has a thicker rib folded over to form a stronger start to the hat…add that:


Ok…now I have two in the same color…that won’t do!

I have a store-bought one that I like that has a lace-like look to it…let’s re-create that (in a super-easy way since I’m no expert knitter, trust me)…and I’d like my beret to fit a little floppier…

When will it end?

HA!  Silly reader!  NEVER!  ‘Never’ is the answer to that silly question! 

Because Rora needs a winter hat…to match her coat…which none of these do…

Hmmm….

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment