Monday, November 12, 2012

Today, November 12, 2012

Today’s project:  Rise from the depths of ‘eh’

So, my Dad said to me yesterday, “Whatever happened to that blog-thing? Did you give that up?”

And I answered, quite truthfully, “Well, I have been doing things every day, I just can’t decide what to right about.”

The more time that passes, the more time it’s like making that pesky phone call.  You know the one that I’m talking about, right?  The phone call to an old friend or a relative that you had every intention of keeping in regular contact with, but keep getting distracted by the day-to-day activities of life until it’s ‘too late in the evening to call’, or ‘a day you know they won’t be home’, or ‘when they are at work/church/school.’  And just frankly the wrong time to try.

And then the next thing you know, it’s been a week since you intended to call…then a month…and then…well, you get the idea.  You avoid thinking about it, let alone doing it, because you are sure that the person will be mad at you…or at least give you the ‘Gee, I’d given you up for dead’ guilt-trip.

Avoidance seems the best course at that point, don’t you think?


My blog became that ‘I should call them’ relative. 

Not that I didn’t have plenty to say.  Some days, I did two or three projects that I could chat about.  I started to congratulate myself on the fact that I was ‘ahead’ – I could pre-plan and write posts for those days I was too busy or too tired to make it to my computer for more than a few minutes.

Good job, Rora!  Pat on the back for you!


Well, dear reader, as you well know, that doesn’t amount to ‘a pile of Armadillo poop.’  (Eloquently stated by Burt Reynolds in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas)

In addition to all of the above psychological fun that would make Freud as giddy as a kindergartener in a Play-Doh factory, there is the all present feeling of ‘eh’.  That lovely state of ennui that takes any motivation I did have and rolls it up into a little ball and shoves it under the rug.  That has occurred so much over the past week that it is starting to look like I killed someone and stashed them under the living room Moroccan masterpiece.

Which brings me back to today.

I STILL have lots of exciting blogs planned and may even get to one today, but right now the biggest project I have is completing this post…rising above the waves of guilt, the nervousness that my readers are mad at me, and that durn pesky feeling of ‘eh’.

So, dear reader, I hope that you can forgive me for my absence.

And I promise to call…really!

No comments:

Post a Comment